- Pump Parts
- Manufactured Equipment
- About Us
- Contact Us
Terms and Conditions (North Fringe-Saskatchewan)
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
a) These terms and conditions of sale (these “Terms”) are the only terms which govern the sale of the goods (“Goods”) by North Fringe Industrial Technologies Inc. (“Seller”) to [NAME OF BUYER] (“Buyer”).
b) The accompanying quotation (the “Sales Confirmation”) and these Terms (collectively, this “Agreement”) comprise the entire agreement between the parties, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous understandings, agreements, negotiations, representations and warranties, and communications, both written and oral. These Terms prevail over any of Buyer’s general terms and conditions of purchase regardless of whether or when Buyer has submitted its purchase order or such terms. Fulfilment of Buyer’s order does not constitute acceptance of any of Buyer’s terms and conditions and does not serve to modify or amend these Terms.
a) The goods will be delivered within a reasonable time after the receipt of Buyer’s purchase order, subject to availability of finished Goods. Seller shall not be liable for any delays, loss or damage in transit.
b) Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties, Seller shall deliver the Goods to [LOCATION] (the “Delivery Point”) using Seller’s standard methods for packaging and shipping such Goods. Buyer shall take delivery of the Goods within 7 days of Seller’s written notice that the Goods have been delivered to the Delivery Point. Buyer shall be responsible for all loading costs and provide equipment and labour reasonably suited for receipt of the Goods at the Delivery Point.
c) Upon request by the Buyer, the Seller may make partial shipments of Goods to Buyer. Each shipment will constitute a separate sale, and Buyer shall pay for the units shipped whether such shipment is in whole or partial fulfilment of Buyer’s purchase order.
d) If for any reason Buyer fails to accept delivery of any of the Goods on the date fixed pursuant to Seller’s notice that the Goods have been delivered at the Delivery Point, or if Seller is unable to deliver the Goods at the Delivery Point on such date because Buyer has not provided appropriate instructions, documents, licenses or authorizations: (i) risk of loss to the Goods shall pass to Buyer; (ii) the Goods shall be deemed to have been delivered; and (iii) Seller, at its option, may store the Goods until Buyer picks them up, whereupon Buyer shall be liable for all related costs and expenses (including, without limitation, storage and insurance).
a) The quantity of any instalment of Goods as recorded by Seller on dispatch from Seller’s place of business is conclusive evidence of the quantity received by Buyer on delivery unless Buyer can provide conclusive evidence proving the contrary.
b) The Seller shall not be liable for any non-delivery of Goods (even if caused by Seller’s negligence) unless Buyer gives written notice to Seller of the non-delivery within 7 days of the date when the Goods would in the ordinary course of events have been received.
c) Any liability of Seller for non-delivery of the Goods shall be limited to replacing the Goods within a reasonable time or adjusting the invoice respecting such Goods to reflect the actual quantity delivered.
d) Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the remedies set forth in Section 3 are Buyer’s exclusive remedies for the non-delivery of Goods. Except as provided under Section 3(c), all sales of Goods to Buyer are made on a one-way basis and Buyer has no right to return Goods purchased under this Agreement to Seller.
4. Shipping Terms. Delivery shall be made FOB [LOCATION].
5. Title and Risk of Loss. Title and risk of loss passes to Buyer upon delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Point. As collateral security for the payment of the purchase price of the Goods, Buyer hereby grants to Seller a lien on and security interest in and to all of the right, title and interest of Buyer in, to and under the Goods, wherever located, and whether now existing or hereafter arising or acquired from time to time, and in all accessions thereto and replacements or modifications thereof, as well as all proceeds (including insurance proceeds) of the foregoing. The security interest granted under this provision constitutes a purchase money security interest under The Personal Property Security Act, 1993 (Saskatchewan).
6. Amendments and Modifications. These Terms may only be amended or modified in a writing which specifically states that it amends these Terms and is signed by an authorized representative of each party.
7. Inspection and Rejection of Non-Conforming Goods.
a) Buyer shall inspect the Goods within 7 days of receipt (“Inspection Period”). Buyer will be deemed to have accepted the Goods unless it notifies Seller in writing of any Non-Conforming Goods during the Inspection Period and furnishes such written evidence or other documentation as required by Seller. “Non-Conforming Goods” means only the following: (i) product shipped is different than identified in Buyer’s purchase order; or (ii) product’s label or packaging incorrectly identifies its contents.
b) If Buyer timely notifies Seller of any Non-Conforming Goods, Seller shall, in its sole discretion, (i) replace such Non-Conforming Goods with conforming Goods, or (ii) credit or refund the Price for such Non-Conforming Goods, together with any reasonable shipping and handling expenses incurred by Buyer in connection therewith. Buyer shall ship the Non-Conforming Goods to Seller’s facility located at [LOCATION]. If Seller exercises its option to replace Non-Conforming Goods, Seller shall, after receiving Buyer’s shipment of Non-Conforming Goods, ship to Buyer the replaced Goods to the Delivery Point.
c) Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the remedies set forth in Section 7(b) are Buyer’s exclusive remedies for the delivery of Non-Conforming Goods. Except as provided under Section 7(b), all sales of Goods to Buyer are made on a one-way basis and Buyer has no right to return Goods purchased under this Agreement to Seller.
a) Buyer shall purchase the Goods from Seller at the price (the “Price”) set forth in the Sales Confirmation.
b) All Prices are exclusive of all harmonized sales tax, goods and services tax, provincial sales tax, value added tax, use and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties and charges of any kind imposed by any Governmental Authority on any amounts payable by Buyer. Buyer shall be responsible for all such charges, costs and taxes; provided that, Buyer shall not be responsible for any taxes imposed on, or with respect to, Seller’s income, revenues, gross receipts, personnel or real or personal property or other assets.
9. Payment Terms.
a) All payment terms are subject to credit approval. In the event the Buyer is not approved, the entire Price is due and payable prior to production and order fulfillment.
b) In the event the Buyer is approved for credit, the Buyer shall pay all invoiced amounts due to Seller within 30 days from the date of Seller’s invoice.
c) Buyer shall pay interest on all late payments at the lesser of the rate of 20% per annum or the highest rate permissible under applicable law, calculated daily and compounded monthly. Buyer shall reimburse Seller for all costs incurred in collecting any late payments, including, without limitation, legal fees on a solicitor-client basis. In addition to all other remedies available under these Terms or at law (which Seller does not waive by the exercise of any rights hereunder), Seller shall be entitled to suspend the delivery of any Goods if Buyer fails to pay any amounts when due hereunder and such failure continues for 7 days following written notice thereof.
d) Buyer shall not withhold payment of any amounts due and payable by reason of any set-off of any claim or dispute with Seller, whether relating to Seller’s breach, bankruptcy or otherwise.
e) Orders less than $500.00 may incur additional shipping charges on non-stock items.
f) Unless stated otherwise in these Terms, the Seller has no obligation to accept any return of Goods. In the event, in its sole discretion, the Seller accepts a return of unopened or undamaged Goods, the Seller may charge the Buyer a 25% restocking fee.
g) Orders paid by credit card are subject to an additional 4% processing fee.
10. Limited Warranty.
a) SELLER MAKES NO CONDITION OR WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS, INCLUDING ANY (a) CONDITION OR WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; (b) CONDITION OR WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (c) CONDITION OR WARRANTY OF TITLE; OR (d) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE.
b) Products manufactured by a third party (“Third Party Product”) may constitute, contain, be contained in, incorporated into, attached to or packaged together with, the Goods. For the avoidance of doubt, SELLER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCT, INCLUDING ANY (a) CONDITION OR WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; (b) CONDITION OR WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (c) WARRANTY OF TITLE; OR (d) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE.
11. Limitation of Liability.
a) IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS, WHETHER OR NOT THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES HAS BEEN DISCLOSED IN ADVANCE BY BUYER OR COULD HAVE BEEN REASONABLY FORESEEN BY BUYER, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
b) IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL OF THE AMOUNTS PAID TO SELLER FOR THE GOODS SOLD HEREUNDER.
c) The limitation of liability set forth in Section 11(b) shall not apply to (i) liability resulting from Seller’s gross negligence or willful misconduct and (ii) death or bodily injury resulting from Seller’s acts or omissions.
12. Compliance with Law. Buyer shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Buyer shall maintain in effect all the licenses, permissions, authorizations, consents and permits that it needs to carry out its obligations under this Agreement. Buyer shall comply with all export and import laws of all countries involved in the sale of the Goods under this Agreement or any resale of the Goods by Buyer. Buyer assumes all responsibility for shipments of Goods requiring any government import clearance. Seller may terminate this Agreement if any governmental authority imposes antidumping or countervailing duties or any other penalties on Goods.
13. Termination. In addition to any remedies that may be provided under these Terms, Seller may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect upon written notice to Buyer, if Buyer: (i) fails to pay any amount when due under this Agreement; (ii) has not otherwise performed or complied with any of these Terms, in whole or in part; or (iii) becomes insolvent, files a petition for bankruptcy or commences or has commenced against it proceedings relating to bankruptcy, receivership, reorganization or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
14. Waiver. No waiver by Seller of any of the provisions of this Agreement is effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by Seller. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement operates, or may be construed, as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
15. Confidential Information. All non-public, confidential or proprietary information of Seller, including but not limited to specifications, samples, patterns, designs, plans, drawings, documents, data, business operations, customer lists, pricing, discounts or rebates, disclosed by Seller to Buyer, whether disclosed orally or disclosed or accessed in written, electronic or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated or otherwise identified as “confidential” in connection with this Agreement is confidential, solely for the use of performing this Agreement and may not be disclosed or copied unless authorized in advance by Seller in writing. Upon Seller’s request, Buyer shall promptly return all documents and other materials received from Seller. Seller shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any violation of this Section. This Section does not apply to information that is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to Buyer at the time of disclosure; or (c) rightfully obtained by Buyer on a non-confidential basis from a third party.
16. Force Majeure. The Seller shall not be liable or responsible to Buyer, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Seller including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot, or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, pandemic, outbreak of disease, lockouts, strikes or other labour disputes (whether or not relating to either party’s workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
17. Assignment. Buyer shall not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Seller. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves Buyer of any of its obligations under this Agreement.
18. Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
19. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of these Terms.
20. Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Saskatchewan and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement.
21. Choice of Forum. Any legal suit, action, litigation or proceeding of any kind whatsoever in any way arising out of, from or relating to this Agreement, including all exhibits, schedules, attachments, and appendices attached to this Agreement, and all contemplated transactions, shall be instituted in the courts of the Province of Saskatchewan, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action, litigation or proceeding. Service of process, summons, notice, or other document by mail to such party’s address set forth herein shall be effective service of process for any suit, action, litigation or other proceeding brought in any such court. Each party agrees that a final judgment in any such suit, action, litigation, or proceeding is conclusive and may be enforced in other jurisdictions by suit on the judgment or in any other manner provided by law. The parties irrevocably and unconditionally waive any objection to the venue of any action or proceeding in such courts and irrevocably waive and agree not to plead or claim in any such court that any such action or proceeding brought in any such court has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
22. Notices. All notices, request, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications hereunder (each, a “Notice”) shall be in writing and addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth on the face of the Sales Confirmation or to such other address that may be designated by the receiving party in writing. Notices sent in accordance with this Section will be deemed effectively given: (a) when received, if delivered by hand, with signed confirmation of receipt; (b) when received, if sent by a nationally recognized overnight courier, signature required; (c) when sent, if by facsimile or email (in each case, with confirmation of transmission) if sent during the addressee’s normal business hours, and on the next business day if sent after the addressee’s normal business hours; and (d) on the third day after the date mailed by certified or registered mail by the Canada Post Corporation, return receipt requested, postage prepaid.
23. Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
24. Survival. Provisions of these Terms which by their nature should apply beyond their terms will remain in force after any termination or expiration of these Terms including, but not limited to, the following provisions: Limited Warranty, Limitation of Liability, Compliance with Laws, Confidential Information, Governing Law, Choice of Forum and Survival.